You will be responsible for managing quality deliveries from our suppliers. You will focus on the non-conformity of your suppliers and execute root-cause analysis. Also, you will visit new suppliers and inspect / audit them to ensure their procedures are correct. This helps us when we start producing. Your job is a combination of technique and administration and you will have lots of contact with our suppliers.
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Assure application of Supplier Non Conformity Report process in cooperation with Procurement, Project Manager, Engineering and other Quality members.
- Assure the management and registry of non-quality issues at suppliers through the 8D methodology and the Supplier Quality Portal; Push at the supplier-side for issue containment/mitigation, root cause, retrofitting the solution and compiling Return of Experience
- Organize, manage, report and follow-up of First Article Inspections at externally developed (sub)systems
Ensure that suppliers take the right actions in case of serious defects in processes or product characteristics
- Report to procurement, project management and country level the effectiveness of mitigations, actions and application of procedures at suppliers
- Perform supplier audits and assessments and report accordingly. Following up with the supplier on the execution of action plans and improvement due to the audit findings;
-Arrange approval of product deviations using the Derogation Request process (if necessary)
- Actively participate in quality meetings with procurement
- Perform and report on audits and asssesments at new suppliers
- Regularly communicate with and visit suppliers to discuss Non Conformity Report status and realize improvements in collaboration with the procurement department.
You will be part of a team with 15 colleagues and report to Lonneke Van Vloten (Country Quality & EHS Manager). Alstom Netherlands has 2 divisions: Rolling Stock Services and Signalling. As a shared service center we support them both with our goal to improve quality and customer satisfaction.
You will have lots of contact with our suppliers (incl. company visits) and therefore will get to see many different things. You will be the connection between our project teams and our suppliers.
The Alstom University offers many possibilities to develop yourself in your job, career and as a person. An example is learning a foreign language with help of native speakers. And because we are a large company, there are sufficient career opportunities incl. abroad).
Practical: We follow the cla (cao) Metalelektro which offers 27 vacation days + 13 ADV (40 days in total). It’s possible to work from home (hybrid), we offer flexible working hours and a 32 to 40 hour workweek (your decision). We are searching for a candidate in range between € 5300,- and € 7400,- per month.
Since you are part of a large, international company within a growing industry, you have more than sufficient career and development opportunities. Some options are: supply chain management or project quality management.
The ideal Supplier quality engineer
You have a technical background. This can be either by education and/or by experience.