The challenge as a Project Manager / Project Engineer
You will be working for all three companies within the Flexx Group active in the maritime industry. Due to growth within our relatively new company, SodaFlexx, focusing on sustainable solutions to help our customers reduce their ships' environmental footprint, we could use your expertise. Sodaflexx is part of the Flexx Group, where we also offer Bulk handling storage & transfer systems, product processing technology, and, since recently, hydrogen solutions. As you can read, we are helping the maritime industry with green, sustainable solutions.
You will be responsible for projects from when the customers sign the contract until delivery. Your job consists of a combination of project management and project engineering. Therefore, you will have a varied career consisting of technical, customer service and project management components. You will develop a plan, design the project, update the customers, purchase products, organise logistics, provide technical support, attend customer meetings and inspections and have contact with suppliers (e.g. who develop customised software and outsource part of the engineering). Most projects will have a lead time of 6 to 12 months.
Some essential tasks & responsibilities
- Contract-compliant delivery of all orders and the monitoring thereof.
- Design with AutoCAD, Fusion 360 or Inventor
- Project time and logistics planning
- Purchasing of goods
- Guard in-time delivery
- Quality control
- Provided technical support internally to the management team and sales departments.
- Co-operate with the PLC programmer to achieve the best possible system automation, or even better, do the programming yourself!
- Answering all technical questions by customers.
-Creative thinking is used to achieve process improvement.
- Contribute to achieving a pleasant cooperation climate within the organisation
- Carrying out other activities not directly related, commissioned by the Manager Sales/management.
- Attending and giving input in the periodic departmental meetings.
- Attend and provide input for the product information sessions.
- Keeping track of technical developments using professional literature.
Our team is increasing and requires additional strength at short notice.
You will be part of an ambitious, young and growing company. You will not notice any hierarchy; we even appreciate your ideas and initiatives. If we are successful as a company, you will also gain benefits. Furthermore, your job will have an international focus, and you’ll be able to travel to international customers and local suppliers. Therefore, you won’t be sitting behind your desk the whole day.
Practically: Every Monday, we exercise together (boot camp), and the company provides a personal trainer. On Wednesday, the company organises a free lunch. You have flexible working hours, and working from home one day a week is possible. If you travel internationally, you may be eligible for a bonus. Your starting salary depends on your experience and knowledge and will be somewhere between € 3.000 and € 4.500 gross per month.
The ideal Project Manager Engineering
You have relevant technical and project experience. Of course, ideally, you have automation experience within the maritime industry. A mechatronics diploma is preferred, but a mechanical engineering diploma also fits. If you lack the required knowledge, it’s possible to start as a Project Engineer and develop yourself towards a Project Manager.